At GrapheneDB, we respect the privacy rights of our users and recognize the importance of protecting the personal information we collect about you. We will never sell personal information, and as a company based in Europe, we carry out all processing operations in strict compliance with European privacy laws.
This policy is designed to explain what personal data we collect, why we collect it, what we do with it and how we protect it.
If you have any questions about this or any other policy, please reach out to us at [email protected], and we will respond promptly.
GrapheneDB only collects such personal information that is necessary for you to access and use our Services. This personal information includes the information you provide:
- For account registration to use the Services:
This information may include your username, first and last name, email address, mailing address or phone number.
- To collect payments and issue invoices:
Your credit card information. We never receive or store your full credit card information. Our payment processor commits to complying with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and using industry standard security
- The financial information to generate proper legal documents and maintain appropriate billing methods for the Services offered, like company name, billing address, and VAT number.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and any attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
Additionally, there is information GrapheneDB collects when you use our Services:
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
For more info about the cookies, GrapheneDB makes use of, please visit Our Cookie Information page.
Usage of our Services.
When you use our Services, we may collect information about your engagement with and utilization of our Services. We use this data to develop new features, protect the security and safety of our Services and our customers, and provide customer support. We also use this data to perform aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
GrapheneDB uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- Billing and collecting payments. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use a third-party service for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to that third-party to process your orders and credit card payments.
- Customer support. We may use your personal information while processing your support inquiries and otherwise to deliver customer service.
- Marketing and promotions, This includes sending you newsletters, promotions or information about new products and services. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described in the section “Your data protection rights.”
GrapheneDB will not sell or rent your personal information, neither share your personal information for advertising purposes to any third-party companies.
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
- Third-party service providers. GrapheneDB may share your personal information with a limited number of third-party agents for the following purposes:
- to provide services on our behalf or help us deliver our Services
- for promotional and marketing purposes
- to provide you with information relevant to you such as product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information.
We will obtain assurances that all third-party service providers will safeguard your personal data in accordance with this policy and the European privacy laws.
- Meeting legal requirements. GrapheneDB may release personal information if the partnership is required to by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order or fraud investigation.
- With Your Consent. We may share information with your consent.
GrapheneDB takes strong measures to protect any data that you have submitted to us, especially data that is personal in nature, including profile and financial information. We strive to protect data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. We restrict access to personal information about you to GrapheneDB employees whom we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or Services to you or to do their jobs.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at the Contact Information below.
You can exercise your data protection rights directly from our services or by reaching out at [email protected] We respond to all requests in accordance with the European data protection laws.
You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your personal information at any time. To do so, please contact us at [email protected] with your name and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed, or if you are using our Service, sign in to your account, go to your profile, and make the desired changes.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you or by changing your communication preferences from the GrapheneDB admin panel.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you with our Services. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our Agreements.
At any time, you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition to the processing of personal data by sending an email to the contact information below.
GrapheneDB’s primary data servers are hosted in AWS data centers, located in Virginia (US).
If you are outside the United States, you should know that any personally identifiable information you enter into our Service can be transferred out of your country and into our primary data servers in the United States. By using our Services, you consent to such transfer and are representing that you have the right to transfer such information outside of your country.
GrapheneDB is a European company and as such, data transfer into the United States will be executed in strict compliance with European privacy laws.
We may share your personal information with a very limited number of third-party service providers to permit such parties to provide services that help us with our business activities.
As we do with all our third-party service providers, we will obtain assurances that they will safeguard your personal data in accordance with this policy and the European privacy laws.
Customers located in Switzerland and the EU are free to request our updated data processing agreement by reaching out to [email protected]
Any customers or potential customers of GrapheneDB who have any specific questions, concerns, or complaints about our privacy policies or the methods in which we collect the necessary data to run our business, are encouraged to send an email to [email protected] One of our team members will respond promptly and work to find an amicable resolution to the issue.
Updated about a year ago